MEGGINGS - LEGGINGS FOR MEN


Meggings – a term that invokes sheer fear within me, to the extent that when Armani sent their models down the runway for their Autumn/Winter 2013 Milan show, I felt like I was watching ‘The Exorcist’.



 I’d always hoped meggings (men’s leggings for those of you not in the know) were a joke, a big April fool, but Armani have proved that this is the latest trend to sweep the world of fashion and meggings are in fact becoming the next big trend in menswear.


Already a concrete trend in New York and being sported by celebrities such as Justin Bieber and Lil Wayne they’re now set to hit the UK too, with Topman discussing their viability and Uniqlo selling out on their UK website.


The fashion trend is fast becoming a disease, Don’t get me wrong, I’m not taking a stab at men adapting women’s fashions- just look how skinny jeans have improved the world.




 Well, maybe not such a bonus for men in Nigeria tho', but for their style at least. 


But men, if you want to adopt the meggings trend, have the courage to embrace the spandex and admit that what you are rocking is a pair of leggings...... *winks*



Comments

  1. Oh please !! As long as I'll love to rock this, I won't ... When I first saw this trend on "fabulist" I thought it was one big joke. But I guess it has come to stay... Congratulations Queer guys, its time to arise and shine..." Sha sell ur markets well"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment